After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

These Idahoans have a sense of humor

Officially I'm an Idahoan--that's what we're called now I guess. For some reason though I was thinking I'd be an Idaheidihoan--my 4th grade teacher probably still calls me Heidi Ho. She's great.

Anyway, back to the great flood. I've seen pictures of billboards and signs that gave a hint at the feelings of those flooded out. "Wanted: Dam Engineer"

And a float in the bicentennial prade--"Welcome to Wrecksburg. Designed and landscaped by the department of the Inferior and the Bureau of Wreck-claimataion."

But this guy has them all trumped. His is a bit more permanent.



It's right down the road from where we live. I've heard several times from several different people that he built it after the flood as a poke at the whole situation. Apparently he lives there quite happily. It is pretty neat to look at and I smile every time I drive by it.

Crazy Idahoans.

I kinda' like 'em.

No comments: