After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Friday, April 10, 2009

A visit with the horse

We came to my parents' house today. When we got there dad was down riding the horse. And he left the saddle on so we could come join him. Grace was excited. So was Calla.

Shamere looks good. Really good.



Obviously that isn't his best side. Sorry, boy.

And he has company. This is Custer. He liked Calla.



He liked Grace, too.



A pack shetland.



And a burro. He was just about Calla's size. In fact, she wants to ride him. Someday.



And since the baby was home with grandma, I hopped on for a ride.



It felt good.



That's me laughing at Calla's wide-eyed excitement. "Mom! I want to do that!"

Soon enough, Calla. Soon enough.

1 comment:

Thursday's Child said...

I loved visiting my grandparents as a kid because they had horses. Now we have horses but we're living across the world from them. {sigh} But one of these days...

Happy Easter!