After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans' Day

Today in honor of Veterans' Day I baked bread. That's not unusual, but I did take a loaf of fresh warm bread to my neighbor. She's a sweet little lady who is sharp as ever and served with the WAAC and the WAC during WWII.

I knocked on her door, she let me in. I handed her the bread and told her that my visit and the bread was a small thank you.

She smiled, told me she was embarassed by it all and that the Army gave her much more than she ever gave it. And it's how she met her husband.

She wrote a book about her experience. Said her heart is in that book. She loaned me a copy.

We visited a bit about the military and writing and motherhood. I hugged her. Told her thank you. And now I'm going to read this book (I'm on page 31) and go back to visit with her some more.


Thank you, veterans. Even if you don't feel it was much, thank you.

No comments: