After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ahhhh . . . the memories.

I love holidays with family. I love family. I love my family and I love my husband's family. This Thanksgiving we spent with my family. Making memories.

Memories like playing in the hot tub when it's freezing out. Oh how it makes little girls steam.



And the food--nothing like whipped cream covered olives!



And eating whipped cream but not the pie.



Making and decorating sugar cookies with great grandma.



Visiting the horse we haven't seen in months.



Grace was SO excited to go visit him. She told him, "Shamere! I'm six now!" Made my heart happy. This girl loves this horse and this horse has another little girl to love. Somehow horses do a girl's heart good. Even this big girl who is the little girl's mama.

Violet was very excited about the horse, too. In fact, she didn't want to get off of him or leave.



And grandma had birthday pizza.



Yes, we sang Happy Birthday and we had candles on our traditional turkey pizza. Grace found the candles when we went shopping on Thursday afternoon. They have colored flames.

It was grand. We have so much we are thankful for.

No comments: