After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Milestones

In everyone's life there are certain milestones. Big ones and little ones. Parenting is no different. It begins with the news that you are expecting, then mom grows out of her normal clothes and labor begins. Labor itself has several milestones, and then there is a baby.

I remember one particular milestone when Grace was just tiny. One day I was working around the house and looked down to realize that I was looking at a major milestone and my life would never, ever, ever be the same.

Something had moved and I hadn't moved it. I remember freezing as time held still to allow the enormity of that fact sunk in.

Last night at our house we had yet another milestone. I asked the daddy of the house, "Am I making P-O-P-C-O-R-N?"

Grace looked at me and said, "Hey! That spells POPCORN!"

Yes, dear, it does. And now we need a new strategy.

1 comment:

Thursday's Child said...

We homeschooled the Boss K-2. One day we stopped at Subway to pick up lunch. He said he wanted ice cream. I told him they didn't have any. He said, "Yes, they do. It says so on the window." Why do we think it's a good idea to teach them to read?