After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

We met Ila. :)

Ila and her husband built this house. They raised their family in this house. Five years ago Ila moved to a smaller house in town. And there have been at least three tenants here since we moved in.

I kept hearing that this was Ila's house. Yesterday I got a phone call inviting us to come down and meet her. He knows I've been wanting to.

She's such a sweet lady. And I think she was happy to see that a family lives here. The bachelor worried her.

She asked about her flowers. I said we moved in as they were on their way out, but I knew the peonies were still growing. And I told her I had plans for the flowers. And the raspberries. And the lilacs.

Ila, thank you. Thank you for having such a happy and loving home for so long that it is seeping out of the walls. We love your house. And we plan to love it for many years. It's a happy home.

No comments: