After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to my big girl!

If you are a parent, you probably know what I'm talking about. Grace is six today. And two weeks ago she started school. When she got off the bus the first day of school, she was a different kid. I dropped my sweet little girl off that morning and by the afternoon she learned more about herself and what she is capable of by herself than she learned in the first six years of her life. She's still my sweet little girl, but she has a new air about her. A confident one.

And for the last two weeks at least four times a day I have been regularly dumbfounded at what she is saying or doing or thinking. These growth spurts are so amazing to watch and be a part of. On Sunday she trotted right up front so everyone at church could sing her "Happy Birthday." That's not something she would have done two months ago.

She's a good kid. She's a sweet kid. She's a confident kid. And dang it if she doesn't have a handful of really nice friends here in Idaho already.



She's got a lot going for her.



Happy Birthday to my sweet girl. You are beautiful and I look forward to continuing to watch you grow. It's hard to imagine you could get more beautiful.




(Please note that the puppy is not our puppy. It just came to her birthday party and fit well in the doll carriers we have. Then it went home with its family.)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday, Grace!!! Amazing how quickly it's all going, isn't it? =(