After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

From crazy to just as crazy, only different.

After nearly a week of the craziness that moving to a different state creates, we made it to our first destination--grandma and grandpa's in Montana. We left the lush green hills of Southwest Washington, watched the terrain flatten out and turn brown, went over a few mountain passes and then arrived here to this:



It's March. The end of March no less. Right now there is about 8" of snow out there and it's still snowing and blowing with no sign of stopping before April.

And yes, those are little girl bare-foot prints in the snow. I packed all their winter clothes in the moving truck because I figured they didn't need them. Obviously I was wrong.

For the record, they do OWN shoes and, yes, they did wear them here. I even brought an extra pair or two just in case. They just find it more fun to run around in the snow with no shoes on. I think it's a bit of a rush, actually. Maybe I ought to try it.

No comments: