After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flat feet

Two weeks ago I went to the NW Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington. It is always fun for me to go to stuff like that because I always find fun things and I always come home with new ideas. This year I found Flat Feet.

For those of you who aren't familiar with them, the concept is simple. A "flat" of yarn knit into a square (rectangle) and then dyed. The idea is that you unravel it as you knit and every pair is unique. This is the example they had at the show:



I don't knit. It doesn't do anything for me. I tried. I tried hard. I wanted to love it. I just don't.

But my friend who went with me knits. And her mom knits. They are super sweet ladies and I was so intrigued by the idea and so excited about new socks (I'm hard to please, can you tell?) that I asked if she or her mom would knit me a pair. She was pretty excited about it and even bought a knitting socks book.

Today I went and picked up my socks!



I got two pairs. And they are lovely. Merino wool is SO lovely on my feet. Warm and cozy--like that bed that you don't want to get out of in the morning. Only it lasts all day long. I haven't taken them off since she made me try them on to make sure they fit.

Thank you, Ruth and Pat! :)

No comments: