After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten bucks says your polling location doesn't have an outhouse!

Today I told Calla we had to go vote.  She looked up from her lunch and asked if she could wear her swimsuit.  No, honey.  VOTE.  Not BOAT. 

Our polling place is a mile up the road, so we decided to load up the trusty stroller and walk since it is such a gorgeous fall day.  Not so much as a whisper of wind.

This is where we went to vote.


It's an old school house.  I've heard that the school district still owns it, but the local pinochle club uses it in the winter in exchange for upkeep.  And I must say, it's the most kid-friendly voting location I've been to.  They even had snacks.

I'm standing there chatting with the election officials--which are the neighbor ladies--and it came to my attention that there are not restrooms in the school.  But, outside to the left, there is an OUTHOUSE!!!


And, it's a 2-seater!


Yes, that's a light bulb hanging from the ceiling.  And toilet paper hanging from a nail.


We voted.  The old fashioned way.  Walked down there and everything.


Idaho just keeps getting better and better.


2 comments:

Grandpa said...

We should join them for pinochle sometime!

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

That is awesome! I think where you live sounds like the most awesome of anywhere else. I love the squishy pic of your boy with the voting button :)