After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lots of snow. Lots of wind. (And lots of sewing!)

Really, snow and wind are amazing.  The last few days have been really quite nice.  The snow and wind closed all the roads to anywhere and we were all stuck at home.  No, it wasn't nice outside, but inside it was.

Daddy was stuck at home. (Insert sarcastic "Darn" here) They cancelled school all week--a whole two days since we only went Monday and Tuesday this week.  And we just hunkered down and watched it blow.  It was pretty nice.  Inside at least.

This is what my front window looked like.


On Monday evening it calmed down some and the sun peeked through at sunset.  It's so beautiful when it does that.


And it did the same thing yesterday evening, too.



One thing about being hunkered down with a husband home is one can get a lot of  sewing done!  I have a table at the local bazaar next weekend and I have NINE Sammy Bags done! 


What's that one on the end you say?? 

This one? 


Yeah.  That one. 


Isn't it great!?!  I didn't have a ton of that fabric, so I accepted the challenge and it is even more stunning in person.    A little applique makes it pretty fun.  Caren!  Thank you!

I'm working on number ten.  Hoping to get at least another ten done before next weekend.

I'm glad we didn't run out of coffee.  Another day and we may have been out of luck in that department. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lot of snow, makes me cold to look at it. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Arie said...

Oh, wow!!! Those bags are lovely Heidi, especially the funky one! Caren & you did good.
I like being snowed in too- it's oddly comforting & it makes me remember what it is really important in my life.

Nicole said...

I need a bag. :)