After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ida-Heidi-Ho!

I know.  It's kinda weird.  But it all started in the fourth grade. 

Yes, my fourth grade teacher called me Heidi-Ho.  It was cute.  It always made me smile.  Even in the fourth grade.  And I really think that if I saw her today, she'd call me the same thing.  And she'd dance around my kids and make them giggle.  And I'd smile.  Fourth grade was good to me. 

Nicknames are funny.  My dad called me Hilda.  Like Hildagard Hamhawker--apparently an old comic character.  And in high school my little circle of friends decided we all needed nicknames.  Mine, thanks to my uncle Mike calling me Hose Nose, became Hoser--or Hose for short.  One of my friends STILL calls me that.  And it just totally makes me laugh that a 35-year-old mom of three, pregnant with number four, married for almost 14 years gets called Hoser. 

And in high school I did a brief stint as a cheerleader for a couple seasons.  I never actually made the cut and was always the fourth alternate or something ridiculous.  But then five people would quit and there I was, a cheerleader.  Finally one year I got smart and told them no.  The student body had voted the quitters in, AGAIN, and I was once again called upon to round the squad out.  Ummmm . . . no thanks.  Plus, the "boys" had decided that their new favorite version of the cheer "Heidi-Ho" involved "Heidi THE ho . . . ten bucks, ten bucks, she can't say no." 

Yes, these days that is totally sexual harassment.  And they obviously did not care that I was pretty much the exact opposite of that.  No, I'm not scarred by the experience and I simply put up with most of those people until we graduated and then kind of watched them all flounder from a distance.  I guess you reap what you sow and here I am, thrilled to pieces to be in this gorgeous state of Idaho with my amazing husband, three gorgeous girls and a baby on the way living among the potatoes and other crops, watching the seasons come and go. 

I love my life. 

And quite frankly, I love my new blog title.  Somehow it just brings it all together. And it makes my husband shake his head.  I've come to realize that it's a sign that he loves me.

No comments: