After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Dinner FAIL

It doesn't happen very often.  I can usually pull something off that is good, reasonably well-rounded and most everyone likes. 

But not tonite.

Threw a whole frozen chicken in the crock pot earlier today. 

Made noodles and broccoli to accompany it.

Realized that I hadn't even bothered to season the chicken.  Not even with a little salt.

Decided cheese sauce might just save dinner.  So I made a bunch of it.

Then I called in the troops.

Only to discover the chicken wasn't even CLOSE to done. 

Stupid frozen chicken.

But my family graciously ate noodles and broccoli for dinner, drenched in cheese sauce, and decided chicken was their "snack" before bed.  Except Violet.  She just ate plain broccoli. 

Bless their hearts.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be worth something.  But I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Billye said...

Grandma is coming! Grandma is coming!