After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, February 22, 2010

While mommy is away--Part VI

While mommy is away and the kids and daddy have fun, mommy is having some fun of her own. Now, if you can please forget for a moment that I'm pregnant, that would be great. And if you want to remember that I'm pregnant and forgive me anyway, that would be just as great. I'm not wreckless, I promise.

The second night the activity was luging. Now, don't freak out. But I must tell you that I'm still scarred by the elephant incident and can't pass up an opportunity to ride an elephant (or to luge) ever again.

At 8:45 pm a troop of mostly thirty and forty something mothers set out in the dark for the luge course. I had seen it in the light, and really, it wasn't scary at all. The ramp went off a roof and the course twisted down a hill about 100 yards and ended on a frozen lake. Really, not scary.

I totally had to giggle because there we all were, most of us normally responsible mother-types and we were all standing in line in the dark waiting for our turn to get pushed down a luge course.

Proof that nobody was scared:



And we did have a choice of a push or no push. Most opted for the push.





Me, I chose not to be pushed because of my condition that you have forgotten about temporarily.

And off I go!



It was a bit of a thrill. Just enough trill for this thirty something mom who is out in the middle of the night (well, 8:45 pm) with a bunch of really nice ladies.



Word to the wise, going backwards down the course in the dark is more thrilling than going forward.

I'd totally do it again. And now that's one elephant I can check off my list.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yay! Glad you did it... what fun!!