After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm so proud of my little Grace

Three years ago my Grace was a painfully shy child. She woudln't talk to people unless they were her parents, grandparents, or in some other way a part of her nearly-everyday life.

Today I took the girls down to Kids' Gym. One of the local moms started a weekly activity at the community center for little kids to come run and play in a big space. One of the moms there I hadn't met before and when we were introduced it was revealed that I live out by her sister. Grace is in the same class and rides the bus with her neice, T. And in December Grace went to T's birthday party.

At the birthday party T's grandpa had his big draft horses hooked up to sleds and the girls got to ride the sleds around and they had a ball. Grace had a ball anyway. But what I'm proud of is the fact that this mom I met told me that of all the girls there, my little Grace was the first one to jump on those sleds and she talked to everyone and was really quite pleasant and fun. That made me happy.

And on Tuesday I went to school to help in Grace's classroom and witnessed Grace helping her classmates zip their coats when they were all getting ready to go outside.

She's helpful, she talks to everyone, and she is doing a great job of making friends. I couldn't be more proud of my little girl. She's come a long way!

No comments: