After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, January 25, 2010

She made it!

Calla turned four today. We're excited about this for several different reasons.

First, the child is accident prone--and she made it through this past year alive.

This last year she's had stitches twice. Currently she has a patchwork of bruises from several different accidents. A friend recently asked if we had taken out accident insurance on her.

To demonstrate, a bruise on her knee:



And what her knee met as she was running by (roughly three or four seconds after I strongly suggested she settle down):



Notice the knob is actually bent. That's our Calla.

Second, she's fun.

This morning I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner. She wanted spaghetti.

So she got spaghetti. And I think she thoroughly enjoyed it.



And the daddy in the house has this thing about his girls. On their birthday he brings them flowers. Calla was pretty excited.

"For me?!"



She grabbed them, hugged daddy and went running in the other room yelling, "Look! Daddy got me REAL flowers!"

Third, we love her and love to celebrate milestones with her.

Happy birthday my sweet little girl! Let's make four a great year!

No comments: