After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin time!

We actually did it. We carved pumpkings. And it was fun.

Violet got into it this year.



She totally got into it.



Now, I couldn't help but be reminded of something I'd seen quite a bit growing up on the farm. With cows.



Anyone who has experience with the cattle industry probably knows what I'm talking about.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not going to enlighten you. I'm just not. But trust me that no cattle are hurt in the process.


Anyway, after I got past that, we proceeded with the pumpkin carving.

But again, Violet was . . .



. . . getting a little too excited about stabbing her pumpkin in the eye.



We'll have to work on that.


Anyway (again), the end result was actually pretty good this year. Grace even did most of her own carving. Yet another piece of evidence that she must stop growing up.



It was fun, the kids are happy with them and we're roasting pumpkin seeds today. I hope they like them.

No comments: