After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fun stuff

Well, since I haven't said it in type yet, Happy New Year!  I had to laugh at a quote about how a pessimist will stay up to make sure the old year leaves, but the optimist stays up to see the new year in.  What about if you go to bed to be scared awake at midnight by the fireworks next door that are literally shaking the house and you are joined in bed by scared little people and hear your husband mumble something about the idiots next door?  Maybe that just makes me old. 

But, all the little people had recovered by this morning.  Enough at least to do what their mom told them to do.  Maybe we'll make it our annual New Year's Day tradition. 


Then we had breakfast and got ready for church.  We've been church-hopping.  And frankly, you never know what you are going to experience.  Today's church has promise, except that it's 40 minutes away.  They had a cute little children's message.  The girls are not shy about going up front.  And today the little Mister marched right up there with them.  It was pretty funny.  He was not going to be left behind. 

I'm the crazy mom in the back with the camera.  This is the best picture of them in front of a Christmas tree.  Ever.


After church we went and drove around town for a bit.  We found a Starbucks because someone had to pee.  Then we found a beach.


But that wind was really cold.  It was actually whine-inducing cold.  But, after the promise of a hot chocolate after a nice, whine-free walk, the whiner straightened up pretty fast.  (And yes, it was the same un-named whiner from the previous post.)  I later the husband that there was a hot chocolate bribe in affect.  He said that he'd noticed a quick change of attitude. 

No, I'm not above bribing my children if it means I don't have to listen to them whine for 22 minutes.

This guy was particularly handsome today in his white shirt and tie and cute little coat and great new shoes. 


We found me a bike while roaming around the town.  I had no idea I even needed a bike until the kids saw this one and daddy said that I needed it. 


Pretty amazing piece of machinery. 

And we met this animal.  Violet thought it was a lion.  I told her it was a dog.  It's name was Grizzly. 


So, there you have a lion grizzly dog.  Yes, we had permission from his owner to both pet it and get it's picture.  And it's the only picture V smiled for the whole trip. 

Here's to a great 2012!  It's gonna be AWESOME!!

No comments: