After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Going Primal--MY BOOK CAME!! I LOVE IT!!

My book came!  And FYI, it's the best $13.90 I've spent in a LOOOOONNNGG time.


This guy, Mark Sisson, is 58.  His wife, Carrie, is 55.  I want to look like her at 55.

Obviously I'm too cheap for a real book mark, but this one works.  And it's an envelope that Grace was using to sound out supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, which is a pretty good word to describe how I feel after "Going Primal" for nearly two months now.  I love Mary Poppins. 

This little quote here pretty much sums up the what I love about this "program."


"The Primal Blueprint is about getting the greatest health and fitness benefits you can with the least amount of pain, suffering, and sacrifice."

Can I get an "AMEN!"

Check out these Primal guys.  I seriously doubt they "work out" and I seriously doubt they eat what we consider "health food." 


The book is also full of success stories.  This is Tara.  She lost nearly 90 pounds and no longer suffers from PMS, depression, Polycysic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), metabolic syndrome, endometriosis, or hidradenitis suppurativa.


I' m miffed that blogger turned my photo sideways and I can't figure out how to fix it, but whatever.

Hey, look!  A day's worth of primal meals!  Complete with a glass of wine!


And a Standard American day's worth of  meals, complete with a bowl of oatmeal and bottle of beer.


Stuff you don't need once you go Primal.  Hmmmmm . . . . I still have some work to do.


Here's the Primal Food pyramid.  It's got some great stuff in there!


One of the things I love about this is the 80% rule.  Basically 80% of our body composition is a direct result of what we EAT.  Only 20% is exercise!

AND, if you are 80% Primal, you STILL get incredible results!!   I find incredible hope there.  Especially since my jeans are getting so baggy they are going to be falling off here soon.

And the husband is on board.  Basically I read the book, cook and tell him what to do.  He has been making comments like, "I haven't felt this good in a long time," and "I think I even lost a few pounds," and "I don't feel like I have to work out like a maniac," and "This is pretty easy," and "I really enjoyed that dinner."

Green cabbage with bacon pieces cooked in bacon grease IS pretty yummy!

It's all there: the what, why and how.  Including a journal for your 21 day journey.

All good things.  I really think I found the answer I've been looking for for a long time.  And if I had money to buy 25 copies of this book, I'd give it to everyone I know for Christmas.  SUCH an awesome tool!

No comments: