After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, July 11, 2011

The adventure continues . . .

Now, we are trailer trash.

Okay, so we aren't trash.  But this summer apparently we are living in our camper.  So far, we've only had three stitches as a result of our tiny little space.

A few months back Brent took a job an hour and a half south of here.  He's pretty tired of the drive and so we made our house available.  And then suddenly we had an opportunity to get out of our lease. 

In the mean time, Brent was also offered another employment opportunity that would take us closer to both his family and mine.  And the area is potentially just as amazing as this area. 

We are in limbo.  And the camper really does have all the modern conveniences.  Even air conditioning, which shorted out but was soon fixed my the Mr. Fix-it I am married to.

It's so interesting to me the timing of the whole thing.  Brent took the job and the lady who had built our house with her husband and raised her family there died. I found this interesting because she was so thrilled to have a little family in her house and I felt sad for her just thinking about moving. She was so sweet and we had visited her as much as we could. 

Then we made the decision to move and our sweet neighbor lady that I had taken dinner to several times a week for a year or more until she moved to the nursing home in town the beginning of the year died. Just thinking about moving away from her made me sad, too.  She and Grace kind of bonded over the piano--we went down and Grace and a couple of her little friends plunked out a couple little pieces for her and a few of the other residents.  And then we got a little concert back.  Our little neighbor played a piece for us and then her daughter and Grace's piano teacher did some impromptu pieces.  It was a grand experience that warms you to the core.  Just thinking about leaving her and her family made me sad.  And then when we made the decision to leave I got this feeling that we wouldn't make it out of town before we went to her funeral.  We went to her funeral on Saturday.  We'll miss her whole family.

We'll be here in town at least through the end of the month.  From our camp site we have a sweeping view of the Tetons.  They are so beautiful.  By the end of the month we will hopefully know more about this new and exciting other opportunity that is looming.  When I called my grandma to tell her about the possibility I could hear her nearly dancing in her kitchen.  We would be less then three hours away from her.  That beats the heck out of the nearly seven that we are now. 

In the mean time, we are living the RV dream here at the park.  We have a couple other long term neighbors--meaning they are here for the summer--and they are pretty nice.  We have shade, a view of the Tetons, the city pool, the library, swings and a trampoline and all our friends still around us.  That's good for my little Grace especially.  She's having the hardest time with this of all of us.  I think if we are still around these parts when school starts, we'll toss them in until we head out of town.  And if this other opportunity doesn't pan out, I think we might just end up sticking around these here parts.  Though that is pretty unlikely at this point.  I feel like we're waiting on "when" not "if". 

This is a great little community.  And a great area.  I'm sad to leave it, but it is amazing to me the timing and everything else that goes along with it.  Some day I will settle in for the long term.  Again.  But for now, I guess we're minimalists.  And quite "settled in" here in the RV park, at least according to one guy who came by the other night.  I'm not sure what he meant by that, but it made me laugh.  We may be living in our trailer, but we have so much to be thankful for.  One of those things is the fact that we have a job to support us.  Another is a roof over our heads. 

For what it's worth, I think I may have also planted the tie-dye bug here, too.  If the trend continues here locally, I predict that everyone in town will be addicted by the year 2014. 

No comments: