After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Yay for babywearing grandpas!

My family makes me happy. My dad took Brent, Calla and Grace golfing. My dad hit a shot into the water hazard and decided to go find it. Took his shoes off and waded in. The girls followed suit.



Don't see that on many golf courses! I love rural America.

We went to a tractor show on Saturday. My littlest brother has started a bit of a tractor collection. Maybe some day I'll tell you about that. But until then, here are some pictures of Grace and Calla by Uncle Reed's most recent tractor project, though he claims it is for his little wife. I love his little wife.





After lunch my dad volunteered to wear Violet.



I'm so proud of him! My dad had never worn any of my kids, so what you are seeing is a first. It made me all fuzzy inside. Yay for babywearing grandpas!

(Please notice that I found a hat Violet will keep on her head. I put it on her and she smiles a big, proud smile and actually seems to enjoy it!)

And my favorite shot of the weekend.



Violet enjoyed her grandpa. Aside from her mama, grandpa was her favorite person of the weekend. And you know that almost-one-year-olds are pretty good judges of character.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute picture with Grandpa! I love to see others besides mom and dad enjoying the intimacy of babywearing.

katie suksdorf said...

are those pockets I see?? tell me more

Heidi said...

Yes, they are pockets. New--that was my first one. I've made three since. They are awesome and you can even reach them when the baby is on your back! :)