After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Helicopter ride!

At my family reunion on Sunday my great grandma's sister's son came down and said that they were giving helicopter rides at the airport--for a mere $35! That's a screamin' deal as far as helicopter rides go.

I'll admit, at first I was not planning on taking advantage of the deal, but I was all about getting others to. After all, I had a baby sleeping on my back. And you DON'T wake a sleeping baby.

But then my husband walked up, put his arm around me, and said something like, "Wanna go on a helicopter ride?"

How can one say no to that? And my little brother and his little wife were all excited about it, too. So, without telling the two older kids we were leaving and after handing a sleeping baby to grandpa, we sneaked out to the airport--it was a mere half mile down the road, so we didn't have to sneak very far.

I got the front seat because I am a lady and they like ladies in the front. The other lady was my sister in law and, well, she knows I love her.

The handsome husband unit in the back seat.



And we're off!



The neat thing about this helicopter ride was that it was over the valley I grew up in. The place here on the near side of the road is the house and property we grew up on. It was a working dairy farm when we lived there.



This is Mission Dam.



It's super full this year. I have lots of memories of this place. Mostly of hopping in the truck after spending the day on a tractor in the hay field and changing irrigation pipe to head up there for a quick and refreshing dip before dinner.


See the falls there? Quite spectacular.



I love these mountains. I used to ride my horse up over the hill from our place to the dam and up the mountain some. I miss these mountains.

Fun stuff. If you ever get a chance to ride in a helicopter . . . do it, even if you have to wake the baby. It's totally fun!

No comments: