After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beauty

Sometimes one can't help but be reminded of the beauty in life. It's been nuts around her lately. We're all tired, the house is a wreck, and I feel like I'm running in circles. But last week my mother-in-law called me. (I am one of apparently only a handful of people on the planet who can say that she genuinely loves her mother-in-law.) She called me with purpose.

On Mothers' Day this year we gave her a calla lilly. It was just one of the ones you pick up at the one-stop-shopping mart on your way down to dinner on Sunday after church. We obviously hadn't planned ahead enough and there weren't many left. But it was acceptable and she was thrilled. Went and planted it in her garden. (She'll tell you her garden isn't much, but it is quite pretty.)

We got her a calla lilly because all our girls have a flower name. Grace Rosemarie and Calla Joyann at the time. We added little Violet Faith Loraine later. She already has a rose bush, but that's another story.

She was calling to tell me that the darn thing was blooming.

It's October. I thought they only bloomed in spring, I told her.

Well, I thought that, too, she said. But it has these two giant white gorgeous perfect blooms on it.

It made me all fuzzy inside. I think it made her all fuzzy, too. We may have had a moment.

And here's our litte Calla standing next to the two gorgeous blooms in grandma's back yard. The date is Sunday October 5th, 2008.



Beautiful.

No comments: