After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thanks to babywearing and hotdogs!

Today I braved Costco for the first time since we welcomed baby Violet. And thanks to a couple hotdogs and babwearing, this mama made it through the entire trip unscathed! The two oldest were in the cart eating hotdogs purchased on the way in and were told they would stay in the cart today. The youngest one was asleep on mama in a Silly Goose (of course). It was even our last stop of the day.

I shudder to think what would have happened if I had this little one in a bucket seat, two tired, hungry older ones tagging along carrying their hotdogs (inevitably dropping them), and a cart FULL to the top with essentials (one of those the cupboards-are-empty trips . . . ). My last pre-Violet trip to Costco wasn't nearly as smooth. I was basically cussed on the way out by an overweight, heavily tatooed man who obviously didn't understand that I didn't want to run my uncooperative 2-year-old over with the cart, no matter how tempting it was.

My one bump on this trip was when I tipped a pile of shirts onto the floor. But a friend from church saw me and came over and picked them up, admired the baby, and introduced me to her dad.

That's more like it.

Yay for babywearing! (and hotdogs!)

No comments: