After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DUCKS!!! Day 10

Guest blogger Grace is blogging about her attempt to hatch what has turned into eight duck eggs since we have acquired four more this last week. 

___________________________________________________

A couple nights ago I candled my duck eggs 1 2 3 and 4. Eggs 1 2 and 3 were bright inside, but egg 4 was dark on one side and I don't know why. I think is was a duckling starting to form on one side of the egg.  Number 1 2 and 3 are probably not growing.  We will candle the other four in a couple days and try to take some pictures.


When I was in preschool I hatched in our class baby chickens and when they hatched they pooped all over the carpet, but didn't poop on me or my class I think.

The box of baby chicks that started it all.
A chick from the batch that pooped on the rug in the preschool class.

These are pictures of our neighbor's ducks. She keeps them in her chicken coop. The white duck is the one who laid the duck eggs that I have in the incubator.  The black one is the drake, or male duck.  Females are called ducks or hens. A female goose is called a goose and a male goose is called a gander.



No comments: