After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Welcome to N. Idaho

Confession:  I think that N. Idaho is presenting me with more of a culture shock than S. Idaho did.  Somehow S. Idaho felt quite a lot like home quite really quickly.  Maybe it's just me and my small town background.  Yesterday I was driving through town on the way home from Costco (official card-carrying member again! YAY!) and realized that I was going to have to bust out my big city driving skills again.  Not a single giant tractor with giant implements in sight. 

The post office in town seems quite friendly and helpful.  That's a plus.  The library in town seems fine.  Not the super friendly, super awesome library in S. Idaho, but it will do I guess. 

I talked to the neighbor across the road today, too.  Apparently there are quite a few moose and coyotes around these parts.  She actually apologized if we heard shots at around 6am a few days ago.  I didn't, but she told me that she'd spotted a coyote headed for her chickens and since it was too far to go to the basement to get her rifle, she grabbed the .45 and started firing at the darn thing.  In her pajamas.  She thinks she got it, so if we find a dead coyote on our place, we know why. 

I told her that I'd tell the girls that if they saw the crazy pajama-clad lady across the road out shooting at something, they should come back in the house. 

We both laughed.  I like her.

And I wonder what official card-carrying memberships she has.

No comments: