After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Adventures in moving

Moving is always an adventure.  But it's more of an adventure when you have a one-year-old in tow and you paint and carpet the whole house before you move in.

Somehow the one-year-old gets covered in paint.  It's even in his hair.  I really shouldn't be surprised I guess.


But even with all that, he's still "Mommy's Team."  I find some humor in that.


You can't see it, but he's wielding a paint brush at this window.  A wet paint brush that he stole from the paint tray.


And I found this in a corner of the hall.  I'm sure there are matching prints on the wall. 


Meet Gloria.  She came with the place and she's quite the chicken.  Apparently she's nine years old and has out-smarted coyotes around here for that nine years.  She follows me around like a dog would. 


The carpet is going in as I type.  The horse is out in the pasture.  The girls are on their way with grandma and the dog.  My kitchen is workable and laundry is going. 

All that might make it feel like home, but I still miss SE Idaho.  I probably will for a really long time.  Possibly the rest of my life. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will miss you for a long time too. But as long as you can still visit and we can set up Skype and you keep up this blog ...

Love, Beth