After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Your dumb. My dumb. Their dumb.

Facebook drives me batty sometimes.  I will confess that I am far from perfect when it comes to grammar and such.  But I do believe that I have the basics.  And some things just make me shake my head.

Your dumb

I see this comment ALL THE TIME on facebook. 

Actually, that's my dumb.  Because you obviously can't be trusted with it.

Oh wait.  Never mind.

Dumb is apparently something to be had and fought over like the stupid little toys at my house. 

MOM!  I HAD IT FIRST!  AND SHE ISN'T SHARING!

YOU TWO STOP IT AND SHARE THE DUMB!  THERE'S PLENTY FOR ALL OF YOU!

Or maybe it's some entree at a Chinese restaurant with bean sprouts and sliced carrots and celery and noodles and chicken and some mystery sauce that gives me gas just thinking about it.

Don't order the Dumb.  Last time I was here it gave me gas.

Don't get me wrong.  I like Chinese food and have weird cravings for it sometimes.  My point it that if you use the word as a noun, it seems to fit well into what I hear in Asian languages.

Or walking down the street.

Excuse me.  Is this your dumb?  I think you dropped it.

No, sorry.  My dumb is pink and sparkly and cute.  Wanna see it?

Your dumb.

My dumb.

I have a dumb.  I keep it in a cage and feed it lettuce and skittles.  It's perfect because I'm allergic to rabbits.

Their dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

How's that for semantic satiation?

Think about it.

No comments: