After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SUN!

Finally, we have something resembling SPRING weather-wise.  So naturally, we are drawn outside.  Carsten sat in the driveway  and played and watched.


He liked the ball.  And the kittens.  And the sun.


Violet came out, too. 


Calla rode her bike around and then she and Violet went and played in the sand.  I use the term "sand" loosely since it's an old sandbox that has since grown over.  But if you dig there's sand to be had.

Then Grace got home and was eager to join the outside crew.  I told her she should change her clothes.  After arguing with me briefly over it, she complied.  Something told me this would probably be in her best interest.  And then I went in the house to tackle a few housekeeping things.

Later I hear, "MOM!  WE NEED HELP!"  I'll translate that for you.

"MOM!  WE ARE COVERED IN MUD AND NEED A SHOWER AND THEN WE'LL BE YOUR PERSONAL HOUSEKEEPING SLAVES FOR THE NEXT HOUR OR SO IF YOU WON'T BE MAD AT US!"


And they got their bath for the night, their rooms are clean, and we got the muddy mess cleaned up without any trouble.  All before dad got home.  Sometimes their poor decisions work out pretty well for me.  Frankly, I give the credit to the energy chart.  That thing is awesome.  It's done wonders for many perspectives in this house.  Including mine.

No comments: