After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

That beer commercial

I don't drink beer. I don't like beer. I don't have any grand or fancy or moral reasons for that. I simply don't like how it tastes or even smells.

I love the Olympics. I don't normally watch television, but I've been watching on and off. That swimming dude I had pegged as basically a big dork who was saved by swimming and is now showing the world what he's made of, not just all those kids that picked on him when he was growing up. And then I read in the paper that all he wanted to do after winning his 8th medal was go see his mom. That absolutely endeared him to me. Then I watched Bob interview him and his mom and I was way impressed by both of them. Shoot, she's a middle school administrator. That's a special woman no matter how you look at it.

But I digress. Tonite we were watching some diving and those darn draft horses and that dog. "Maybe next year, Hank." I am ashamed to admit that I cried! What is wrong with me?? I cry at a dumb dalmation (we had one; it was dumb and I will admit that I therefore judge all dalmations by that dog) barking at the horse pulling a freight train. And that horse coming out of the barn all ready to go after he made the cut. I'm getting all choked up just typing this. My gosh!

But then I realize that it's a beer commercial. And then I remember that tonite when we came home our neighbors on the hill (or maybe they aren't home and it's just their kids) were having a pool party. And apparently that beer company is sponsoring it--at least that's what I assumed by the giant banner hanging on their balcony.

So here I am all choked up by a horse and a dog and rolling my eyes at a giant banner hanging on a balcony. And it's all silly, really. And I'm just left feeling hormonal and emotional because of that beer that I don't even like. I guess that's what I get for watching television.

No comments: