After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hope

Yesterday was a rough day.  I was trying to get something specific done and get my kids and myself extracted from my parents' house after staying there for a week.  Not an easy task.  Especially with tired, crabby, uncooperative, feverish kids.

I was very frustrated

And then I strapped them in the car, finally, some five hours after my goal time, and drove in the rain for four hours. 

Yes, I was frustrated and tired.

Then we got home--to what we are currently calling home.  Our 28' 1986 travel trailer.

And daddy was here. 

I began to unwind.  It felt nice.

And then . . .


Rainbows continue to pop up when we are in the middle of some sort of a chaotic decision  or life change and I feel my life beginning to lose the ground I once had.


A visual reminder for me over and over that it's going to be okay.


A sign of promise.  A sign of hope. 

A reminder of the stability we find in our God and the faith he gives us.

Needless to say, today is much better.

No comments: