After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Friday, February 18, 2011

DOG DERBY TIME!

I caught wind of a group snow shoeing and skiing out to the course to see the dogs running.  And so I totally crashed their party today.  Took three of the four kids down the road about a quarter of a mile and totally crashed the party.  (Don't feel bad for Grace.  Her class walked down and spent the morning at the races.)

That's my little Calla out front waiting for everyone.


Miss Violet doing what she does best these days--just sliding along.  She's getting better at it--staying in the sled that is.  (My mom made us a nifty harness for the sled that just buckles around our waist.  SO handy!)


This is awesome.  Her twins will be one in a couple months and she has one twin on her back, one twin in the sled with one of her older kids and the oldest on skis.  She rocks.  (Moms do that!)


The first team by.  By the dog count, this team is probably in the 100 mile race.


This is all of us. Well, everyone except me and Carsten because someone had to take the picture and that someone was me and he was asleep on my back. 


No wonder we could see the mushers smile under all their gear as they went by!  I think by their comments they appreciated that we were supporting them.  It was a good time and if the weather cooperates like it did today, we'll all (our little family) go out tomorrow morning and see what we can see!  Then we'll head into town and see what we can see there, too.  But somehow snow shoeing out to the course is a bit more serene. 

No comments: