After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Mitten

We had quite a blizzard the last few days.  The snow is several feet deep and hard enough that the kids can walk across it.


Or swim through it.  (Kids don't get to play in the rain like this!)


I decided that the we all needed to get out and get some sun.  Yes, it was -1 degrees out, but that was just too bad.  We had exploring to do.


And corrals to conquer.  Yes, that's the husband standing on his round pen.  Yes, the snow is up over the top rail in places.  SO glad we sent the horse to the neighbors!

Daddy's antics attracted some more kids.


The drift in the corral was pretty sturdy.


I offer proof that Carsten and I were there.


Seriously, this Amauti completely rocks my world.  I'm not stuck in the house with the baby all the time.  I just bundle him up and off we go!  He usually falls asleep and is always warm and toasty when we get back in.

One of the cats came over to check us out.  Such a nice kitty.  And Violet was happy to see her kitty.  Even though I'm pretty sure it wasn't hers.  But a two-year-old can't really tell three black cats apart.  Neither can I to tell you the truth.


The two big girls climbed fences.


We played with the cat.


And the big girls vaulted off the fence into the snow.


Then the cat got cold and decided Carsten was a good, warm perch.


"The Mitten!" the daddy declared.  You know that story about the mitten lost in the snow and all the animals squeeze in until the cricket and then the mitten explodes?


He's read that story a few times. 

Our next major purchase is snow shoes.  I'm so excited!

No comments: