After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh this horse . . .

He's so great.  And the husband is great, too.  So great that he's building a round pen.  I've wanted one (very quietly) for YEARS.  And now we're getting one!


For around $200. 

The husband is learning to be super thrifty!  And while he's calling it "rustic," it totally fits this place.

And the horse is excited.  So excited that he's getting all chummy with Brent.


Brent thinks it's pretty funny.



The horse is also getting to know the newest member of the family, too.  Another future riding student.  


I have a feeling that as these kids get older, the round pen will be getting quite a lot of use.  And the horse will be getting quite a lot of lovin'.  (Not that he doesn't already . . . )

I love living in the country.  For SO many reasons!

3 comments:

Arie said...

Oh, I am very jealous of the round pen!! Any chance Brent would be willing to post how he did it?
You will have so much fun with it :)

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

I love it! I adore the "rustic" pen. Your property looks like an awesome piece of land. :) You have an old barn too? Yay!

Lisa Curdy said...

Is that Shamir? I love your blog, Heidi. And I love you. !! Miss you lots. All is well here. Talk to you sooner or later, I promise.