After four kids, ten moves and nearly two decades, we are still blissfully in love (most of the time) and I found myself back in the state I was born and raised in. It has definitely been a journey. In fact, on our 18th anniversary we pulled the last of our stuff up over the pass and into Montana, leaving our surprise love, Idaho, behind. But Montana is a great place. The last best place according to some. And we fully intend to explore as much of it as we can! Join us on our continued adventure through life, love and other stuff that comes with it.

Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm so happy I could almost burst

I did it. I made a gorgeous loaf of sourdough bread! From my very own starter! I may just burst with joy and happiness.





And it's yummy. The resident taste-tester didn't even have to taste it to notice that it was very different from the other loaves I'd made. He just had to watch me cut into it. He said something like, "Hey, that's even . . . " It was so beautiful I think he was at a loss for words.

Not sure what it was that made this loaf so different. I did put orange juice when I was proofing the sponge. And maybe a little sugar. It started proofong on Saturday I think. So it worked for a few days. I think that made the fungus happy. And I used mostly rye flour. Whole grain dark rye flour.

It's a lovely loaf. Moist and tender and lovely. YAY!

3 comments:

SassyStew said...

That looks simply delicious! I can almost smell it from here. Nice work, Heidi!

Billye said...

Good job!

Calin Bleu said...

Oh wow this looks yummy!